A galette is a rustic and free-form pastry, typically consisting of a flaky and buttery crust that encases a filling. Galettes are known for their simple preparation and casual appearance, with the dough folded over the edges of the filling, creating a pleated, open-faced structure.
• 1 ½ cups Jowar flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
• ¼ cup ice water
• In a bowl or a large plate with rim/parat take 1 cup jowar flour. Add 2 to 3 pinches of salt ,Butterand mix it with the flour. Then add about 1/2 cup cold water.
• Knead very well. If the dough feels sticky or pasty, then add some more of the jowar flour. Cover and keep the dough aside, till it comes at room temperature.
• Roll the dough ball between two butter papers. Do not be concerned about perfect edges. This tomato galette is meant to have a rustic appearance.
ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
• 500 GMS Tomatoes
• 6 to 7 Garlic cloves - Peeled
• Red Bellpepper 1/2
• ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 3-4 Basil sprigs
• Prepare. Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. Take baking tray place tomatoes in a single layer along with the garlic cloves, sliced Bellpeppers and thyme. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
• Roast. Roast uncovered until bubbly and the cherry tomatoes have burst and shrunk slightly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
• Blend. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool slightly - about 10 minutes.Transfer the oven-roasted tomatoes, garlic cloves, Bellpeppers and all the juice to a saucepan and blend using an immersion blender, until you reach your desired consistency. You can also use a regular blender
Assemble the galette..
• Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
• Arrange the roasted tomato sauce filling in the center of the dough leaving a 1 ½” border all the way around the edges.
• Add layer of Pesto cheese.
• Add Roasted tomatoes Slices and mushrooms
• Carefully fold the edges over and pinch them together so there are no holes or cracks.
• Fresh torn basil or fresh thyme leaves are perfect additions for garnishing this flaky tomato galette.
• Use a pastry brush to gently brush the butter all over the dough.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown.
• Let cool slightly then serve warm.