Tomato baklava is a unique and delicious twist on the traditional baklava dessert.
Addition of mawa will add a delightful creaminess to the baklava, complementing the sweet and savory flavors of the dish.
This unique dessert is sure to impress your guests with its delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors.
Tomato 6 no.
Sugar 1/2 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Lemon juice 1 no.
Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
Ground cloves 1 tsp
Ground cardamom 1 tsp
Chopped walnuts 1/2 cup
Chopped pistachios 1/2 cup
Melted butter 100 gm
Phyllo sheet 1 package
Crumbled Mawa 1/2 cup
For Sugar Syrup :
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1/2 cup
1.Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2.Start by preparing the tomato filling. concasse the tomato, then peel and chop
the tomatoes, then place them in a saucepan with the sugar, water, lemon juice
, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom.
3. cook the mixture over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until the
tomatoes are soft and then add the crumbled mawa to the mixture onces it has
thickened. stir until the mawa is fully incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
let it cool. once the tomato filling has cooled, stir in the chopped walnut and pistachio
4. Lay one phyllo sheet in the bottom of the dish and brush it with melted butter.
Repeat this process with 6 more sheets of phyllos, brushing each one with butter
5.Then cut and divide into 6, in square shape.
6.Then take one square phyllo sheet and add tomato nut mixture in a small portion.
7. Roll the phyllo sheet , add keep it a side.
8. Take a baking tray, apply butter paper place all the phyllo rolls into it, drizzled
some melted butter on it.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the baklava is golden
brown and crispy.
10. Apply melted butter on it, then add a sugar syrup.
11. Allow the baklava to cool completely before serving.