Mumbai Vadapav with the European Twist "
"Vada pav is a vegetarian fast food dish native to the state of Maharashtra. The dish consists of a deep fried potato dumpling placed inside a bread bun sliced almost in half through the middle.
We have made a twist to this classic dish using European flour. The Vada, Potato dumpling is flavoured with pesto and the dough spiced with mixed herb.
A European Twist Keeping the original flavours intact.
""Shaukas Hou Dya"" Eat slowly to enjoy."
Bread Prover 3gm
Potato - 150gm
Parmesan Cheese 30gm
Pine Nuts 25gm
Olive Oil 60ml
Crushed Paper 5gm
Gram Flour 100gm
1. Boil potato, peal and crush them.
2. Make a tempering with oil garlic thyme, oregano, mix the potato along with it. Season them with salt and crush pepper.
3. Make a slurry of gram flour and make a fritters with small portions of potato by dipping it in slurry. Deep fry it.
4. Make a dough by mixing flour, sugar, salt, yeast, water & Bread prover, make a soft dough of it and keep it for first prooving.
5. Make a pesto by blending basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese & oil togther.
6. After first prooving of the dough roll the sheet of dough and spread the pesto over it, place the potato fritters on it & fold it like a loaf.
7. Proove the bread for second time by scoring on the bread.
8. Bake the bread on the temperature of 200 for 25 minutes.